Re: Email Server Q.

Ok that is realy very woefully, i have research in google and similar search engines and what ? well there is no good package-based solution for woody for email server on postfix, antivirus, spamassasin ?

after postfix and amavis install and configure on woody still remain spamfilter solution system install and config but the methods are old-style school with hand-made fight's, scripts etc.
Yes but this way in my opinion is unacceptable for production system.
Production system needs update ? and if i build half of the components on-hand update will be very interesting point.

So i migrate from stable/woody to testing.
Install postfix-packs,corurier-pop-ssl,amavis-new,spamassasin.

After amavisd edit -- http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2002-11/0077.html
the thing is go to work.

Postfix+amavis+spamassassin+pop3+ssl work on package-base system with friendly update.
The problem is in testing.
If some pack (perl,spamassasin,amavis) is go to upper versrion there is probability the system stop because the version packs incompatibility.

Amavisd file edit is needet because there is: "The changelog says it was disabled because of error for some dependancies
with perl 5.8 but in testing it is perl 5.6 (unlike unstable in 5.8)."

so that's it

Sorry if my words sounds cheekily.