Lan resolution problems

Hi,

I'm having problems with a bind9 on Linux 2.4.23 and debian
9.2.1-2.woody.1
(current debian stable release).

I'm starting this bind with -u bind -t /var/lib/named -c
etc/bind/named.conf

I don't know if it's missconfigured (i don't think so)... I have bind
hosting a large number of domains and doing the internal resolution work
for my LAN (30 workstations 192.168.1.x) and a little subnet
(192.168.2.x). I don't believe I have any network problems (the network
installation is new.)

This machine (with bind) is outside the firewall and has a public IP

Problem: Sometimes it doesn't resolve some Internet domains and some
from its own zones. In addition, sometimes the update does not work
correctly.

I have increased the timeout of the win2k (regedit NameSrvQueryTimeout)
workstations dns lookup and it still fails.

I have tested different configurations and used a different machines.

Here it's my LAN named.conf configuration.

  acl "lan" {
      192.168.1.0/24 ;
      192.168.2.0/24 ;

    };

    // View for all computers on local area network

    view "internal" {
      match-clients { lan; };
      allow-recursion { 192.168.2.0/24; 192.168.1.0/24;};

     zone "bcn.domain.com" {
        type master;
        file "/etc/bind/bcn.domain.com.internal";
        allow-update { 192.168.1.0; };
      };

   zone "1.168.192.in-addr.arpa" {
        type master;
        file "/etc/bind/db.192.168.1";
      };

// prime the server with knowledge of the root servers
zone "."        {
        type hint;
        file "root.zone"; };
};

If anyone has any ideas.

I looked in the mail archives but didn't find anything related to this
problem.

Thanks in advance,

Jordi.

Ps. Include me in the reply, I'm not subscribed to this list.