Re: Watching and restarting processes - best tool?

On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 21:12, listbot@gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what is the best tool for watching and restarting processes
> automatically?
>
> Thanks for your attention!

I'm quite happy with 'monit'. It's packaged for debian, but a newer
version exists that adds some nice features. I've made my own package so
I could use the new features untill it lands in debian proper.

Check monit: http://www.tildeslash.org/monit/

It check processes based on pid-files and can even check if the
processes respond to specific commands (i.e. if your webserver still
responds correctly to http requests, etc)

--
Mark Janssen -- maniac(at)maniac.nl -- GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @ SyConOS IT