Re: Mailscanner vs. amavis vs. other

Hi,

On Fri Dec 05, 2003 at 11:08:35 -0500, Fraser Campbell wrote:
> try.  Has anyone compared amavis to mailscanner and come to a definite
> conclusion as to one being better.  I know better is very subjective but I'd
> still like to hear opinions.

Mailscanner has one big disadvantage when used with postfix:  It
accesses postfix queue files directly.  According to Wietse Venema, the
postfix author, postfix queues are considered a non-published internal
interface which is subject to change.  In an email to postfix-users from
Sep. 16. 2003 he says:

"MAILSCANNER MANIPULATES POSTFIX MAIL USING UNSUPPORTED METHODS.

 THEREFORE DO NOT USE MAILSCANNER."

(Wietse's capitalisation, not mine).

Regards,

uLI