Re: bind9 vs tinydns vs others

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 06:46, David Zejda wrote:
> what do you prefer for authoritative dns?
> experiences/stability...?
> i have no verbose bind knowledge yet.
>
> thanks
> David

Have to start somewhere so dive in after you feel you enough info. :-)
We run djbdns,rbldns,etc., right now. All under Woody and one FreeBSD
box.

We have used Bind9 also and both have advantages. I like djbdns for the
ease of editing which is personal taste. Bind9 has more available for
GUI front-ends and hooks with other applications.

So usually I recommend people start with Bind so as to prove the saying,
'Only the experienced walk with a limp.'

That said, you may very well be happy with either as they both power the
Net.

Dee

--
Alaska Wireless Systems