RE: severe I/O performance issues on 2.4.22 SMP system

You need the I/O patch made by info molnar.

Bye

-----Original Message-----
From: Russell Coker [mailto:russell@coker.com.au]
Sent: domenica 2 novembre 2003 3.08
To: Daniel Erat
Cc: debian-isp@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: severe I/O performance issues on 2.4.22 SMP system

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 10:33, Daniel Erat wrote:
> > I solved this before by using a SUSE kernel source tree, but a Red
> > Hat kernel source tree has the same patches.
>
> Thanks!  I'm hesistant to switch to the SUSE or Red Hat source trees
> because of the large number of changes there.  If I just want to work
> around the problem so I can finally get some sleep, do you know if I
> can pull a gig of memory out of the machine, or will I need to instead

> or additionally recompile the kernel without 4 GB High Memory Support?

> In

I am not sure what exactly needs to be done, I was not in a position to
do
much testing.  I suspect that you need to recompile without high-mem
support.

The Red Hat kernel is quite good, Rik van Riel, Arjan, Alan Cox, Ingo
Molnar,
and others are working on it.

--
http://www.coker.com.au/selinux/   My NSA Security Enhanced Linux