Re: Automated solutions for a small ISP

Hi,

> Idea 1) Write a system which keeps the hosts information (and in
>   future   - user information) in some kind of a database (file,
> MySQL  or LDAP, probably I'll choose MySQL) and generates configuration
>   files. Advantages: easy to implement. Disadvantages: limited use.

This is the way I do it.
I use Postgresql and PHP to store and write config. files.
Then the config. file is sent to the remote machine.

>> Disadvantages: limited use.

How so ?

A Relational database can store huge amounts of data.
It's simple send a machine some config data.
I use both Daemon's and Cron jobs to listen/check for new
config data.

I like this method and plan to stick with it.

Regards
Rudi.