Best way to setup a cheap web cluster?

Hey folks,

I'm trying to setup a cheap debian web cluster using tools from the
linux-ha project.  We're using heartbeat and mon to monitor services
and do the failover.  We'd like to setup shared disk space without
buying any new hardware.  We have three cheap servers in the cluster.
We're thinking about using drbd for the shared disk space.

How have others setup web clusters using debian?  We're not adverse to
backporting packages or using outside apt sources if necessary.

Thanks in advance for your input,

Ryan