Re: mixing testing with stable

Yes, you can get security updates for testing. Add the line:

deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free

to /etc/apt/source.conf. They come out slower.

Went to mysql.org, but didn't find a deb package. I want to install a debian package so the
dependencies are correct. I'll try again, but will likely just go with the backports.

Thanks to everyone for responding. It helped me a lot.

Rod