Re: How to modify input-chain to simulate "lost packets"?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: How to modify input-chain to simulate "lost packets"?
- From: Jon Wood <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 12:44:27 +0100
- Message-id: <1064749467.584.1.camel@bertha>
- In-reply-to: <3F76DA07.32664.E0073@localhost>
- References: <3F76DA07.32664.E0073@localhost>
On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 11:54, Stefan Neufeind wrote:
> this is not directly ISP-related but maybe someone has already done
> some sort of thing like this for simultion or otherwise has an idea:
> How could I achieve to randomly drop UDP-packets on the input-chain
> of a server?
This is hideously OT, but you caught me in completely the wrong frame of
mind... I was just reading an article on Slashdot about practical jokes
to play on people with their computers, and then this comes in about
randomly dropping packets.
> Anybody got an idea how to achieve this? Thank you for your help.
Sorry, no idea :P
(0 0) jellybob.co.uk