RE: Apache clustering w/ load balancing and failover

On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 15:05, Thomas Lamy wrote:
> You're wrong. round robin dns isn't HA, isn't load balancing, it's just
> request spreading. You can't control how many (DNS-)clients cache one of the
> RR IP's, therefore you won't get even load on your RR'ed servers.
> Plus you _have_ to use a tool like "lb-named" to keep your round robin dns
> from giving out the IP of a failed server.
>
> It really comes down to using LVS+(keepalived|heartbeat|...) or pen.

Thanks for all the feedback.

What about mod_proxy + wackamole ? anybody have experience with this
combination ?

Shri

Shri Shrikumar       U R Byte Solutions           Tel:   0845 644 4745
I.T. Consultant	     Edinburgh, Scotland          Mob:   0773 980 3499
                     Web: www.urbyte.com          Email: shri@urbyte.com