Re: Dovecot

On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 19:30, Fraser Campbell wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 September 2003 19:32, Mark Devin wrote:

<snip>

> Check the "Postfix+Courier-IMAP+MySQL for multiple domains HOWTO" at
> http://kirb.insanegenius.net/postfix.html ... everything you need to
> accomplish such a system is packaged up in Debian stable.  I've been using
> systems such as this for 6 months and haven't had any glitches yet, the
> systems are not high volume but they're steadily used.  With user accounts
> stored in a database whipping up an administrative interface for domains is
> quite trivial, I just don't see the advantages of going the extra step of
> putting the emails themselves into a database.

Well, using a database backend for the storage of the mails themselves
gives you the possibility of implementing clustering and so create a
redundant mailstore, possibly distributed over several locations.

> --
> Fraser Campbell <fraser@wehave.net>                 http://www.wehave.net/
> Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada                       Debian GNU/Linux

Regards,

--
Guus Houtzager                           Email: guus@houtzager.net
PGP fingerprint = 5E E6 96 35 F0 64 34 14  CC 03 2B 36 71 FB 4B 5D