Re: ..fixing ext3 fs going read-only, was : Sendmail or Qmail ? ..

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 00:17, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> ..I have had a few cases of ext3fs'es, even on raid-1, going
> read-only on errors, what do you guys use to bring them back
> into service?

What happens on error conditions can be set through tune2fs or as a mount
option.  Having it remount read-only is probably better than panicing the
kernel.

When it happens a reboot may be a good idea, in which case a fsck to fix the
problem should occur automatically.