Re: Sendmail or Qmail ? ..

On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 10:18, Tinus Nijmeijers wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 16:08, Eric Sproul wrote:
>
> > Yes, I know we could set a larger minimum interval for POP, but the
> > political implications of generating tech support calls about "why can't
> > I POP my mail?" prevent it.  Don't get me started on THAT.  8^o
>
> sorry to butt in, but HOW could you set such a minimum interval?
> I have searched and found nothing that could do this for me.

It depends on your POP daemon.  We use Cyrus, and it's a simple config
option.  Perhaps someone else who uses what you do will be able to tell
you.

If you happen to use Cyrus, look for:

# Minimum time between POP mail fetches in minutes
#popminpoll: 1

in your imapd.conf.  We're running Cyrus 2.1.15 from the Debian package.

Eric