RE: PPPD n VPNS: Preventing simultaneous logins

I would use radius myself. The reason for my choice is that
you can use radius to prevent things such as multiple logins
and also set other connection attributes, but also because
you can authenticate from almost anything using radius. There
are modules for most servers to allow auth against ldap, passwd
text, sql and many others.

cheers,

Shane