Re: Software for WLAN Hotspot

On August 15, 2003 03:46 pm, Kay-Michael Voit wrote:
> Yes, I know, I'm just too stupid, reading my message again you will
> notice, that I wanted to write MAC adress.
> IP is |$_SERVER[REMOTE_ADDR] but I don't think this is usefull here.
> Any solution how to determine the MAC automatically?|

If it's communicating with your firewall/webserver/whatever then your machine
knows the MAC, you could use a system call like this:

    arp $_SERVER[REMOTE_ADDR] | tail -1 | awk '{ print $3 }'

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser@wehave.net>                 http://www.wehave.net/
Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada                             Debian GNU/Linux