Re: OT: testing vs. unstable for new laptop installation

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Keegan Quinn wrote:

> Um...  So don't dist-upgrade right before you're demoing for clients?

Precisely.

(But I update every night via a cron job; and I can get called out at very
short notice.  Practically I suppose -- yeah, I *could* make it work.  But I'm
a sucker for stuff that works, rather than the latest and greatest.  Probably
because I don't ever really *need* the latest and greatest.  And if I find I
do, I'll try running it under Knoppix first.)

As usual -- horses for courses.
msw@startext.demon.co.uk                      http://startext.demon.co.uk/
GPG pub key : 8D6B948B  ECC6 D98E 4CC8 60E3 7E32  D594 BB27 3368 8D6B 948B