Re: PHP 4.3.x

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:

> Which is really 4:4.2.3-14 and not 4.4.2.3-14 - the '4:' is the epoch part of
> the Debian package. I was really looking for a 4.3.x package - but I guess
> I'll just use a statically linked simple deb-make produced 4.3, adapting the
> debian/rules file from the sid version seems not as trivial as I thought as
> the php guys seem to have moved things around a bit. (btw,  4:4.2.3-14 is the
> version in sid right now, so I I wouldn't need a deb line at all...)

as I posted before....

check http://www.apt-get.org/ and search for php4

you'll see lots of php4 packages... then one i'm useing is from

deb http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~aschultz/debian/sid/ ./

which has

php4 4:4.3.2-0as1 (i386)

so far I didn't find any problems besides that register_globals is on in the
config file.