From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh [mailto:hmh@debian.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 3:50 PM
To: Jean-Marc V. Liotier
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org; debian-isp@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Cyrus "Could not shut down filedescriptor..."

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003, Jean-Marc V. Liotier wrote:
> I am getting trios of messages from Cyrus at random intervals apparently
> not linked to any other even, a few dozen times a day :
>
> Aug  4 10:43:25 localhost cyrus/imapd[10867]: Could not shut down
filedescriptor 0: Bad file descriptor
> Aug  4 10:43:25 localhost cyrus/imapd[10867]: Could not shut down
filedescriptor 1: Bad file descriptor
> Aug  4 10:43:25 localhost cyrus/imapd[10867]: Could not shut down
filedescriptor 2: Bad file descriptor

> I found nothing with Google. Does anyone know what this is about ?

Unlikely. Maybe google is broken, there are tons of messages about it in the
cyrus MLs and Debian BTS.
Anyway, see http://bugs.debian.org/src:cyrus21-imapd

Basically, ignore them and stop logging at the debug level.

  Henrique Holschuh