Re: PERC4/Di RAID Controller

Antonin Karasek wrote:

Hello everybody,
I just bought DELL PowerEdge 2600 with $SUBJECT. I'm trying to install
Debian to it. Unfortunatelly, DELL is supporting the RedHat only. The
problem is, that Debian instalation program don't find $SUBJECT and say: "No
hard drive dected" :(

I tryed "bf24" and "compact" boot parameters.

The right driver is probably "megaraid.o". I tryed to load it from bash,
but:

$ cd /floppy/boot
$ insmod megaraid.o
insmod: can't handle sections of type 150706568 megaraid.o
$ :-(

I also tryed some parameters for module: HW and SCSI:
$ insmod megaraid.o HW
... with the same result :-(

Is there anybody, who knows the solution? I realy realy do NOT want RedHat
:o)
check http://www.domsch.com/linux/
there is an alternate boot disk with a recent version of the megaraid driver.

--
Administrateur syste`mes et réseaux | +33 (0)4-76-44-50-50 | Business & Decision.Eolas | http://www.eolas.fr | ------------------------------------|----------------------|