Re: Simple blog software for Debian?

On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 07:02:44PM -0400, John Ackermann N8UR wrote:
> Has any blog software (for a server, not using somebody else's system) been
> packaged up for Debian?  If not, can anyone recommend a simple system for
> use with Apache?  I just want to do a simple on-line log and don't need
> anything fancy -- just something that's a bit easier than writing raw HTML.

blosxom is in sarge/sid, and is really really simple. You can copy the
CGI that runs it onto your woody systems without trouble.

The downside I've found with using it for simple logs (daily network
status stuff at my work) is that it uses mtime on the blog entry file
for the date it displays for the entry. This means you can't go back and
edit older entries and keep them as entries for the original date (at
least not without timestamp trickery).

It should do the trick for you, John.
--
Nate

"Go not to Usenet for counsel, for it will say both no, and yes, and no,
and yes...." - Unknown