Re: Root-like filesystem permissions.

On Friday, August 1, 2003, at 11:07 AM, Wade Richards wrote:

Maybe I'm not understanding your problem, but can't you use group
membership for this?

Actually, I do, however there are problems when you hit a few thousands member groups for a given user. The string buffer that holds the group names is not big enough .. it's a libc limitation.

You can fix it by patching glibc and recompiling it, and doing the same for apache etc... but it's messy.

I want a clean solution :)

Thanks for replying :)

Nathan.

--
Nathan Ollerenshaw - Systems Engineer - Shared Hosting
ValueCommerce Japan - http://www.valuecommerce.ne.jp

      \_ U_/