Re: ITP: cyclades-serial-client

Hello Russell,

Am 10:08 2003-07-19 +1000 hat Russell Coker geschrieben:

servers
> This is the client for network serial port emulation via the RFC 2217
> protocol as used by Cyclades terminal servers and other products.  It
> consists of a daemon that manages a pseudo-tty and a shared object to take
> over the tcsetattr() and tcsendbreak() library calls to redirect their
> functionality over the network.

If I understand this right, it is the Client for shared Serial-Ports
on another Computer ???

Yesterday I was on the Syclade-Website, because I am looking for (very
well supported) Multi-ISDN-Cards (up to 30 channels) and Multi-Serial-
Cards.

So, ich I install only one Cyclades Terminal-Server with for example
32/64 Serial-Lines I can use it with the GPL Software from any Linux/
Win workstations ?

My problem is, that I use a Linux-Powerd Modem-Pool (US-Robotics
Courier-I-modem and  Sportster Voice33600) and then I need to control
the ISDN-Telephone-System and some other stuff from Windows.

Same for controlling a Meteo-Station and the Klima-System.

This Terminal-Server Client will solv many problems (Telephone-Cabling)

With this new Software I can share the setial-Ports with Win/Lin

Let me know more about it

Michelle

--
Registered Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org.
| Michelle's Internet-Service                    Inh.  Michelle Konzack    |