Re: Server hacked - next...?

Il 29 Jun 2003 alle 21:47, Jason Lim immise in rete:
> Re-installing from scratch would be a real pain... the server runs on
> a 3ware array, and has hundreds of users, all active :-/
> Is there any way to verify the Integrity of the files somehow, and
> download/re-install any binaries that do not match the checksums or
> something? Does dpkg or some other Debian tool have this ability?

The problem occurred me some months ago.
My solution was to reinstall from scratch one machine, then just
copyiing all binaries into the compromised one. It worked fine.
--
Leonardo Boselli
Nucleo Informatico e Telematico del Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile