Find out how long a connecting has been open.

Hi All,

I am helping a developer debug a program that seems to be hanging when making a certain network connection. To this end I would like to know if there is a way of telling how long a tcp connection has been established. I tried the -o option of netstat but that just gives me "off (0.00/0/0)" which implies to connection is new but is has been in the "established" state for a long time. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Fred.

--
Fred Clausen - Systems Administrator
Unique Interactive, part of UBC Media Group plc

http://www.ubcmedia.com
http://www.uniqueinteractive.co.uk
T: +44 (0)20 7453 1667 F: +44 (0)20 7486 5081