Re: sendmail or qmail or what?

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Ariel Graneros wrote:

> I prefer postfix, it is rock solid everywhere i use it, has fewer security issues than sendmail, is quite powerful, and the best of all, is veery easy to configure. Anyway, i've never tried anything else.
>
> On Wed, 21 May 2003 12:10:17 -0300
> "Ana Paula Sabelli" <aps@way.com.ar> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I´m setting up a mail server, I ´d like to hear opinions about which one is better.

Hello,

   Maybe i missed it in this thread, and i don't want to start a
holy war, but is there a reason not to use Exim? It's the standard
mail server that is loaded with Debian and i use it on all of my
boxen. It's a whole lot easier than sendmail and i am not aware of
any security issues and it apparently does a whole lot more than i
can figure out to do.

   So, i'm just curious as to why so many people recommend other
things than the default Exim.

   Thank you.