Re: dbmail

On April 23, 2003 08:47 am, Mark Devin wrote:

> Anyone have experience in setting up dbmail on a debian system?

No, first time I've heard of it.

> I am after a solution that provides imap, pop3, and web based mail
> access using postfix as the MTA.  Can anyone speak from experience
> regarding performance, scalability, reliability and ease of setting up
> of dbmail?

Why not use postfix-mysql, courier-imap, courier-pop and squirrelmail.  You
can have all your user account information and postfix configuration in the
database but email is still stored in the filesystem.  All packages are
available in both woody and sid.

There is an excellent howto at http://kirb.insanegenius.net/postfix.html

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser@wehave.net>                 http://www.wehave.net/
Brampton, Ontario, Canada                                 Debian GNU/Linux