Re: How were the apache debs compiled ?

> Dear listreader,
>
> I wonder how the apache of apache..deb & apache-common..deb (woody) was
> compiled, the ./configure line ... etc.
>
> I want to create my own debian apache package, but I want it to
> be compatible with the other packages in the woody-tree that
> depends on apache, or where apache depends on other packages.

The home of the package, http://packages.debian.org/stable/web/apache.html
and http://packages.debian.org/stable/web/apache-common.html will tell you
of what the packages exist (bottom: Source Code: [dsc]
[apache_1.3.26.orig.tar.gz] [apache_1.3.26-0woody3.diff.gz]
Now you get both files, patch the orig with the diff and look at
the ./debian/rules file to see how the configure is done.

You can also set up your /etc/apt/sources.list with a deb-src to be able to
do:
 apt-get source apache apache-common

see also
 http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-sourcehandling.en.html
on working with source packages.

> I did some utfs but no results, anyone ?
What is utfs? Or do you mean rtfm?
With kind regards,

Wim Fournier