Re: FPSE2002+pam_ldap+nsswitch=Segmentation fault

Hi Sami,

thanks, I wouldn't have thought of that. I tested with ldd -v and it's saying: root@blue:/usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/bin# ldd -v owsadm.exe not a dynamic executable

This is from the fp50.tar.gz I downloaded from rtctc (?).

Any other ideas?

Michael Moritz

Sami Haahtinen wrote:
On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 05:48:44PM +0100, mimo wrote:

I am trying to set up FP2002SE on
debian (unstable)
Apache 1.3.27
mod-frontpage-mirfak-1.6.2
libldap2_2.0.23,libpam-ldap-140 (self build to allow TLS)

fptest is a ldap user, fptest is a unix group

/usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/bin/owsadm.exe -o install -u fpadm -pw secret -xuser nobody -xgroup fptest -s /etc/apache/virthosts.conf -p 80 -m <somehost>

is what I need I think. But it produces a segementation fault:

Starting install, port: 80.

Created: unknown
Version: 5.0.2.2623
...Snip...
Segmentation fault

I have tried to locate the error and done an strace. Here are the few final lines:

...Snip Snap...
--- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---
+++ killed by SIGSEGV +++

to me this looks like you installed the frontpage extensions provided by
thrid party anyway, and there is somekind of library conflict with those
two (i would guess that the ones provided by the third party are for
libc5 or something alike) and that causes the crash

For starters, check your apache configuration the location where the
module is loaded from, this will verify which version of the module you
are running.
Also, please note that i don't use these extensions at all, so i am of
no use to debug this all.. but that was the impression i got from the
mail.

Regards, Sami