Postfix, SMTP Auth and PAM

Hi all,

Does anyone have the postfix-tls package with SMTP AUTH from woody working
together with PAM?

ie:
/etc/postfix/sasl/smtpd.conf
  pwcheck_method: PAM

I have gotten it working with sasldb, but can't get it to work with PAM.
Do you need to set the smtpd_sasl_local_domain?

I have ensured that that the smtpd is NOT running change-rooted...

I eventualy want to get the whole thing running with pam_pwdfile.

I have tried with pam_unix, and pam_pwdfile.. but no luck...

# ls -l /etc/mail.passwd
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           85 Mar 26 16:31 /etc/mail.passwd

# cat /etc/pam.d/smtp
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_pwdfile.so pwdfile /etc/mail.passwd
account    required     /lib/security/pam_unix.so

# ls -l /etc/passwd
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         1101 Mar 25 23:29 /etc/passwd
# ls -l /etc/shadow
-rw-r-----    1 root     shadow        863 Mar 25 23:29 /etc/shadow

Thanks for your help

Andrew

ps: I decided to move away from 'Virtual' delivery as supporting aliases and
    pipes would become VERY messy.