Re: dell 1650 perc3/di raid 5 15k rpm performance

On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 05:26:46PM -0500, Doug Griswold wrote:
> You are right about the 10 percent hdparm is kinda suckey when it comes
> to giving absolute resulte but it will give you a general idea of what
> the disks are doing.   I didn't reassign the disks when installing
> debian, I basically just booted into debian deleted the partitions that
> were there from redhat and re-partitioned and then went on with the
> install.

Apart from driver issues which could be a very real problem, did you
use the same filesystem type and mount options?  Since you say you
re-partitioned I'm assuming you recreated the filesystems as well.

  For myself, I can only say that I am astonished and somewhat terrified at
  the results of this evening's experiments.  Astonished at the wonderful
  power you have developed, and terrified at the thought that so much hideous
  and bad music may be put on record forever.
          -- Sir Arthur Sullivan, message to Edison, 1888