postfix smtp authentication

I want to use Postfix SMTP Authentication, but I have found some problems to run it: it runs with sasldb, but I need other authentication mechanisms, and I always obtained the same: "535 Error: authentication failed".

  I have installed:
	  libsasl-digest
	  libsasl-gssapi
	  libsasl-module
	  libsasl2
	  libsasl2-modul
	  libsasl7
	  sasl-bin

  /etc/postfix/sasl/smtpd.conf contains "pwcheck_method: pam"
  and /etc/postfix/master.cf (Postfix is NOT chrooted):
  --------------------
  # service type  private unpriv  chroot  wakeup  maxproc command + args
  #               (yes)   (yes)   (yes)   (never) (100)
  smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
       -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
  --------------------

  in /etc/postfix/main.cf:
  --------------------
  smtpd_sasl_auth_enable      = yes
  broken_sasl_auth_clients    = yes
  smtpd_sasl_local_domain     = galway.csnet.es
  --------------------

  The problem is that in the log I can only see this:
smtpd_sasl_authenticate: sasl_method plain, init_response Y2VASDFSADFAGNlc19jSDAFKJSADFLKJdg= Mar 4 09:41:53 titania postfix/smtpd[21035]: smtpd_sasl_authenticate: decoded initial response xxx_xxxxx
Mar  4 09:41:55 titania smtpd[21035]: warning:
galway[1.1.1.1]: SASL plain authentication failed

If I tried to use sasldb I authenticate without problems. ¿Does anybody know how is pam configured? I have in /etc/pam.d/smtp the next lines:
  #%PAM-1.0
  auth       required   pam_unix.so