Re: Cracking attempt

Good point. The only other problem is that our department is looking for
ways to cut back and so asking for _anything_ to my immediate superiors
seems risky in their eyes.

Certainly there are people on their level in other departments who
wholeheartedly agree with me and even the people right above me to a
degree but stuff seems to be flying left and right as people do not want
to lose their jobs.

Hmm, maybe I should dedicate a box of my own so I don't lose mine? :)

Anywho, I appreciate the concern and I do realize what a mess this entire
thing is. If it were solely up to me I would have a linux firewall that
routed all ssh/mail/other user services to a single box and then keep all
of the system level crap on another (such as our LDAP server and backup
client).

As of right now, I can think of way too many ways that this thing is
holier than the pope's golf clubs.

-Tim

                     < PRE >
|             T I M    S P R I G G S             |
|        Assistant Sysadmin - Development        |
|        College of Engineering and Mines        |
|            ECE206A - (520) 621-3185            |
                     </PRE >