Re: trying to get Microsoft ICW to work

Microsoft doesnt do too well as a router

From: "Richard Bailey" <rgbailey@tele-net.net>
To: "debian-isp" <debian-isp@lists.debian.org>
Subject: trying to get Microsoft ICW to work
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:41:09 -0800

I have been trying to get Microsoft's Internet Connection Wizard to work
with one of our Debian servers.
I started with the perl scripts provided by microsoft and have customized
them to gather the information we need
and corrected the bugs in the original scripts.

The problem I am seeing is when I have selected a POP and click next, the
system disconnects from the internet and
displays an error that it cannot contact the server.

Has anyone had any luck getting this wonderful setup from Microsoft to work
or am I just wasting my time fighting it ???

Technical  Administrator
Tele-NET

Tele-NET Internet Services  http://www.tele-net.net
Yerington, Nv 89447