Re: Multiple servers for 1 domain name?

> I recently did some searching on the topic of high availability and
> the service replication and stumbled across DRBD, some kind of
> network RAID-1. DRBD mirrors partitions between two machines in a
> completely transparent way. I have no idea if and how well this
> works (the mailing-list traffic suggests that it does work), but I
> find the idea brilliant. It makes rsync unnecessary and even works
> for services that don't have any replication functionality at all.

I can vouch for this one..... it even makes sense for extra-low-cost
dual node configurations with a degraded server (DEGRADED=== really
small PC that will provide bitch slow service, but thats better than
none at all) for example, for single webmail servers. Its a whiff to
configure with heartbeat and all....pretty cool stuff

I use it in a somehow similar (to what i described above) setup with
about 10/15 thousend mailboxes and vhosted homepages.

--
Alex Borges (lex) <alex@sogrp.com>
Step One Group