Re: exim limit number of mail per user.

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 10:46:02AM +0100, Robert Lindgren wrote:
> Is there a way to limit the number of messages per hour and user with
> Exim?

There's nothing out of the box. However you could probably craft
something. I imagine a small program (it should be a compiled and
not an interpreted program) that gets some parameters ($sender_address
and Message-ID for example) and is called from a router. It registers
the date and the address somewhere (check with the message-id to not
register a single mail twice) and fails if everything is okay and the
user is within his/her limits. If not, it succeeds and calls a transport
that does whatever you want it to do. Call an autoreply-transport for
example... You may also want to set verify = false on this router...

I hope this helps,

Joachim

PS: I assumed you're using exim 4.x already...

--
*****PGP key available - send e-mail request*****   -   ICQ: 37225940
Hurewitz's Memory Principle: