Unexplained rebooting

Hi,

I realize that this isn't a debian-specific or an ISP-specific issue,
but I figured that this list is where I'd find the people with the skills
needed to help solve this problem.

I leave my debian machine running 24x7, and in the past few months I've
had 4 unexplained reboots.  The various log files (kern.log, messags,
syslog, etc) all show nothing interesting (usually nothing at all)
happening, and then the boot-up messages start.

Does anyone here have any hints for how I can debug this problem?
If it is a kernel panic that's causing the problem, is there any way I
can get that logged?  Any suggestions for tracking down or ruling out
hardware problems?

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

    --- Wade