Re: SCSI or IDE

On Sun, 1 Dec 2002 07:04, Eric Jennings wrote:
> Can you give us a command to call (using bonnie++ binaries) that will
> give a more real-world test of filesystem and disk performance?  I'd
> like to see how bonnie++ differs from hdparm in results.

Even if you just run "bonnie++" with no parameters it will be a LOT better
than hdparm at predicting what real performance is likely to be like.

For any detailed settings you need to have an idea of what your applications
will do (something I am not aware of and can't easily advise on).

For an even more real-world test install a mail server and use Postal.