Re: SCSI or IDE

----- Original Message -----
From: Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au>
To: Emilio Brambilla <emilio@inet.it>
Cc: <debian-isp@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2002 1:14 PM
Subject: Re: SCSI or IDE

> Organizations such as CERN are using IDE disks for multi-terabyte arrays.

I've heard google uses IDE as well.  Of course, they come in a huge cluster
of cheap workstations, not as a mass storage system.

In an attempt to answer the original question:
As you can see here there is somewhat of a religious war going on.  I don't
much care about the specifics of the religion.  I have always gone with what
worked best for me which in my case has been SCSI.  If you have a tight
budget, I'm sure you can find an IDE solution that will do you just fine.
If you have a fat budget, try them both and then sell off the one like the
least and chalk it up to a learning experience.

vec