Re: load average question

At 01:43 PM 11/23/2002 +0100, Torsten Krueger wrote:
You can convert the mboxes with mbox2maildir. Changing from Sendmail to
Postfix shouldn't bei a hassle and if properly prepared shouldn't produce
a long downtime. Depending on the amount and size of your mboxes the
conversion takes some time, but your machine should be fast enough ;-) to
do this in a reasonable time.

Since I had a Suse box doing nothing but Radius I am planning on moving the
virtual hosting clients on the Mandrake box to Suse, then install Debian on the
former Mandrake box and make that the mail server.  Sounds confusing and
it is :)  Then I will try to get Radius running on the Debian box which will
free up two more boxes.  Guess what I will be doing Thanksgiving week :)

Hmm - maintaining such a distribution zoo sounds like a headache. Switch
all the boxes to debian, install a local apt-proxy and enjoy applying
security patches to all your machines in minutes ;-)

It is, but I had to go with familiar to stop the downtime. I knew I could get Radius
going on Suse, I knew I could build a quick RH mail server and over the summer
I *thought* Mandrake was a decent web server.

-Scott
---