Re: DNS servers

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 23:32, Toni Mueller wrote:
> > What security problems does syslogd have?  It's performance generally
> > isn't a problem if you use the "-" option on some of the busy log files.
>
> For me, syslog foremost has a performance and reliability problem.

The main problem with syslog performance that I've experienced is due to
synchronous disk writes (which is the same with all log servers).

Does multilog allow filtering log messages to determine which ones are worth
logging to disk?  That's the only feature that I'd like to see in syslog.

> > Been there, done that, ran screaming back to inetd.  ;)
>
> Yuck. Who was the co-maintainer of SE-Linux?

What do you mean by this?