Re: DNS servers

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 06:08:13PM +0100, Russell Coker wrote:

> Postfix does virtual domains in a different fashion to sendmail and
> allows you to use both the Sendmail method and the Postfix method in the
> same server. /etc/aliases is getting rather old but it works OK and it's
> good to have a mail server that supports it.
>
> Qmail does everything different and DJB doesn't accept patches to rectify
> this. I went from Sendmail to Qmail to Postfix. Sendmail to Qmail only
> gave me Maildir as a new feature, later on when all software supported
> Maildir I was glad to quit using Qmail.

A serious question, from someone who is far from a DJB apologist (in fact,
I loathe DJB, but I find *some* of his software indispensable enough, for
now, to put up with him):

Is there anything which will allow me to run ezmlm under another server,
yet? It actually does what it does for very good reasons, IMO, and I like
the way it does them (specifically, the same translation-of-concept for
aliases that occurs in mbox -> Maildir, which is used extensively in how
ezmlm handles things).

Majordomo was a joke, when I quit running it, and Mailman has utterly
failed to impress me whatsoever. I'm fairly agnostic about MTA, and would
strongly consider leaving Qmail - if anything else would actually support
the extensive mailing lists I run. Suggestions?
lucifer@lightbearer.com              http://users.lightbearer.com/lucifer/