Re: djb and multiple IPs

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 12:07:53AM +0100, jernej horvat wrote:

> ave.
>
> I have a question about djbdns - can i have one control file for all
> IP's/interfaces  that i have on one system ?

I have no idea what a control file is in the context of djbdns, but if
you mean you want the tinydns program to answer on multiple IP
addresses, then run multiple instances of the process, eg. using
multiple /service/dnsserverX (X=0,1,2) directories with separate
dnsserverX/env and dnsserverX/log directories, sharing the
dnsserverX/root directories through a symlink. It doesn't write to any
files in the 'root' directory, so you can do that without problems.

Specify the different IP address to listen on in the different
dnsserverX/env/IP files.

For dnscache, this technique means you'll have separate caches for the
different IPs you want to answer from. This may or may not be a problem.

Cheers,

Emile.

--
E-Advies / Emile van Bergen   |   emile@e-advies.info