Re: umount Dead NFS Directory

> What kind of problem is the NFS server having? You could have a script on
> the client www server that pings the NFS server, and if it doesn't answer
> then have it do a umount, you might have to kill apache, and other stuff
> then mount whatever else you would mount, then restart apache, etc.

    Yes. It is a script that detect the status on the client. The script
    uses fping first, then showmount, to detect either network or NFS
    service is down. If unfortunately something happens, the script will
    try to clean my /var/www using lsof, and then try to umount it. But
    I never tried to stop apache. Maybe I can give it a try.

    If I directly ifdown eth0 after the network or NFS service failure,
    and ifup eth0 after things are done, the problem seems solved. But I
    think this is not good since if ifup eth0 fail, I cannot handle it
    remotely.

    Thanks for the advice.

Chih-An