Re: virtual FTP hosting?

On Sun, 14 Jul 2002, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:

> I am wondering what FTPDs you are using to support the following:
>
>         - non local users in (My)SQL-Database
>         - permit access to these users only to ~/ (chroot)
>
> So far the only one I've found is proftpd. Other suggestions?

proftpd is the best ftpd available, but the absence of a 'host' component
in the ftp specification drastically limits the 'virtuality' you can
achieve with the service. you have to bind each virtual server to a new ip
address/alias.

Brian
fade@etc.etc.etc.

"You can't depend on your judgement when your imagination
is out of focus."			-- Mark Twain