Re: How to control the php stand-alone process

Hello Rudi Starcevic <rudi@oasis.net.au>,

You mean ulimit? Well, ulimit is a bash command to control system wide
resurce restrictions. Usually recommended to modify with "sysctl"
command or define in /etc/security/limits.conf.

My idea is, if the uid running php scripts does not reach its resource
limit(ram,cpu time,etc.) All the hell is it is using the process for too
long and can't exit itself. If I use ulimit or OS-wide restriction, I
can only set the max number of processes. In this case, when php scripts
increases to the max number of processes of that uid, some other normal
php cron scripts may fail to initialize due to the max process
limitation.

I hope there will be some restriction to limit individual php process,
not the total amount of processes or CPU time that a uid can use.

Thanks for your information anyway. :-)