Email header parser?

Hi,

I'm building a set of scripts to archive email messages in a custom way.

Do you know of any better shell tools for extracting from, cc, subject etc.
from the headers than procmail/formail?

The problems with them are that if there are non-ASCII characters in the
subject, I get a still 7-bit encoded string. (e.g. =ISO-8859-1...).

Ideally the tool shouldn't have to be called multiple times either like
formail but would generate a shell script snippet that, when evaluated, sets
environment variables like $FROMNAME, $FROMADDRESS, $SUBJECT, $REPLYTO etc.

- Jarno