Re: Apache serving files weirdly?

On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 11:24:08PM +1100, Jason Lim wrote:
> Try and load up:
> http://www.zentek-international.com/index-test.shtml
>
> In IE5.5-6 and NS6.x, it works.
>
> Anything under that (eg. NS4.x) and the page doesn't look right. I've
> narrowed it down to the:
> <link rel="stylesheet" title="Default"
> href="http://www.zentek-international.com/common/zentek.css";>

Looking at this server, you have mod_gzip enabled and are serving out
compressed .css files. Some browsers, such as Netscape 4.x, claim to be
able to handle this but can't. The same goes for .js files.

Is this at all accurate? If so, I suggest you disable compression for
text/css and application/x-javascript. If not, try installing tcpflow
and getting traces of the outgoing and incoming parts of the request.

Cheers,