Re: debconf: delaying package configuration, since apt-utils is not installed

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 02:14:43PM +0100, alexis bory wrote:
> So yesterday I tried to :
>    apt-get install less on a woody
> (to fetch dpkg -l whith up and down arrows) and I have been gratified whith
> a :
>    debconf: delaying package configuration, since apt-utils is not installed

That is not an error, so don't panic. All it's saying is that debconf
isn't going to do its trick of asking configuration questions for some
packages before they're installed (because apt-utils isn't present).
Instead, it will fall back to asking those questions after the packages
have been unpacked.

Just continue as normal - nothing has gone wrong.