Re: two ethernet without routing

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 11:27:31AM +0100,
 jsalord@publicom1010.com <jsalord@publicom1010.com> wrote
 a message of 18 lines which said:

> How can I deactivate the routing option betwen cards?

/etc/network/options:

ip_forward=no

Check with 'cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward'.

> There have to be some kind of routing now because I can connect to my apache
> typing the two IPs even I've just one cable connected to eth0.

Wrong analysis. As soon as the machine receives a packert with one of
its IP addresses as the destination, it will handle it (even if it
does not come from the "right" network card).